Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Snowpea, Bean and Radish Salad - Red Tractor August


When I saw the Red Tractor recipe for this month, my heart sank.  I am not a salad kind of gal, and a salad with radishes? Uggh.

However, you can't judge a book by its cover, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this salad.  It had a peppery, fresh flavour, I am presuming from the radishes.

The quote for August from the calendar is:


This leaves me out, as I am not great with plants.  My record is rather hit and miss on successfully growing things.

Without further ado, here is the salad recipe:

Dressing

2 tablespoons mirin
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Place all of the ingredients in a small glass jar, seal the lid, and shake vigorously to mix.

 Blanch 200g trimmed green beans and 200g trimmed snow peas in boiling salted water.  Drain and refresh in ice water twice before drying with a paper towel.  

Thinly slice the beans, snow peas, 1 red onion and 4 radishes.  Place in a bowl and toss with the dressing.

3 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

I should try this as I am not great with radishes and maybe this would give me an in. As for gardening - I don't think I could ever claim to rule my tiny patch, even though it is pretty low maintenance

Pam said...

Sounds good to me! Love radishes and all so it will be great to try!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I'm definitely a salad girl and like the look of this! :D