Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Lamb Salad with Pesto Dressing - Red Tractor February


I thought I should squeeze in the Red Tractor February recipe in February.  This month's recipe was Lamb Salad with Pesto Dressing.

The calendar quote for this month is about collecting: 



I thought it was quite cute, but I really have to stop collecting - I have too much stuff.

The lamb salad was quite tasty, and the pesto was surprisingly good.  I used almonds instead of pine nuts because I couldn't find my pine nuts.

Without further ado, here is the recipe:

500g lamb (they said backstrap, I cut the meat off some chops)
250g green beans, topped
3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
2 lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (I used qukes)
1/2 bunch watercress (I left this out)

1 cup firmly packed basil leaves
75g toasted pine nuts
1/3 cup shredded parmesan
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice

Heat a frying pan, add the lamb and cook for 4-5 minutes each side before transferring to a plate and slicing thinly.

Cook the beans in boiling water then rinse under cold water - they should remain bright green and crisp.

Put the basil, pine nuts, parmesan and garlic in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. With the motor running, add the oil in a steady stream until well combined, then add the lemon juice and process until smooth.

Put the beans, tomatoes, cucumber and watercress into a bowl. Divide among 4-6 plates, top with lamb and drizzle over pesto.  Season with pepper.

3 comments:

Pam said...

The lamb looks delicious, we haven't had that in ages. Love the quote, but no room for collections here either.

Kayte said...

Oh, this lamb salad looks wonderful, I love all the ingredients...it just screams almost spring here...wait, that means it is almost fall there! I would love to find this on my plate. lol on collecting things...I am wondering what you collect? Tea towels, bakeware...those two I know about!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I used to be a huge collector until I moved and was so traumatised by moving that I am now a giver and love giving things away hehe!