Tuesday, October 10, 2017

TWD - Moka Dupont


This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Moka Dupont, a type of chocolate biscuit cake.  It is named after a Madame Duponte, who apparently first made this cake, and the "moka" is from "mocha" for the coffee flavoured syrup that the biscuits are dunked in. 


I used Arnott's Milk Coffee Biscuits, as they seemed the closest match to those that Dorie used in the recipe.  The coffee soaked biscuits are coated with a grainy chocolate buttercream that is firmed up with an egg.  It chills for three hours after assembly before serving.



This dessert tasted OK.  I didn't love it, as it was just syrup soaked biscuits glued together with buttercream, but it was OK.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

9 comments:

2paw said...

Once you said grainy, I did not think it was going to go well. I think chocolate ripple cake would run rings around this! Disappointing for you though.

Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) said...

Oh Milk Coffee would have been awesome in this! I DID love this but I made 1/4 of the recipe and had a tiny piece which I shared with my neighbours (so rich!). It's my kinda dessert!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I didn't love the sound of the grainy buttercream I have to admit!

Kari said...

This sounds like it ought to be good, but then your final description suggested it may not rise above the individual ingredients. What a shame. Good for a chocolate hit though!

Diane Zwang said...

This dessert has grown on me. Since I did not take it to work we have been eating it since the weekend. The sugar seems to dissolve a little over time and the vanilla ice cream really went well with it.

Zosia said...

I'm with you on this one but, surprisingly, family and guests loved it.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i did like this dessert, but your description made me laugh! :) hopefully you found some buddies to take some of this off your hands.

Shirley@EverOpenSauce said...

This looks like a dessert that you can get excited about, especially it's so easy to assemble.

Anonymous said...

We were pleasantly surprised on this one but your description made me laugh!