Sunday, May 7, 2017

Pussy Cat Cupcakes for Ellie


I recently started tap dancing again for the first time in 15 years or so.  I was inspired, like half the universe, by La La Land - the dance sequence with Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling looked like such fun.  And I still had the shoes!!!

My tap class is led by Miss Jane, who is ably assisted by Miss Ellie.  Miss Ellie let us know the week before that it was her birthday, so of course I was going to make her cake if I got the chance.

Luckily, I did get the chance, and I decided to make Ellie some pussy cat  cupcakes (because our dance studio is called Glamour Puss).

I used my favourite Primrose Bakery recipe for the cupcakes and the buttercream frosting:

 
I then topped the cupcakes with pink rolled fondant (already tinted thanks to Dr Oetker).  The eyes and the bow are cut freeform from rolled white fondant.  For the features, I used edible marker pens, inspired by designs that I found on Google images.


Ellie had also made herself a gorgeous cake but forgot to bring a knife to share it.   Cupcakes are made for sharing, so problem solved!

2 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

these are so pretty - and great for sharing - and good on you for tap dancing - I still have fond memories of my grandfather showing us how to tap dance but I would love to learn to do it properly.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe I absolutely adore the expressions on the cat's faces Cakelaw!! Each has its own personality :D