Tuesday, February 25, 2020

TWD - Carrement Chocolate - The Simple Loaf


This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Carrement Chocolate, The Simple Loaf (as opposed to the fancy version which also features in Baking Chez Moi coated in ganache).

This cake is unusually made in a food processor, and is filled with salted chocolate chunks. 


I heeded the advice of my fellow Dorie bakers to use a larger tin than directed in the recipe, and baked the cake for 15 minutes longer than the recipe stated.

The end result was a rather delicious chocolate cake, with the salted chocolate chunks adding a terrific kick of additional flavour.

I served my cake with a dollop of creme fraiche:  


I'd make this cake again.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website

5 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

sounds delicious - and if this is the simple loaf the complex one must be very good!

Mardi Michels said...

I loved this one and can't wait to make the fancy version :)

Diane Zwang said...

Glad all the adjustments worked out for you. This was a great and easy chocolate cake.

Zosia said...

I loved this one too. The creme fraiche sounds like the perfect accompaniment to all of that chocolate.

Ashley Beardsley said...

Looks fantastic! I absolutely love how delicious (and easy) this cake is.