Tuesday, March 19, 2019

TWD - Moroccan Semolina and Almond Cookies


This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Moroccan Semolina and Almond Cookies.  

These unusual cookies are made with semolina, almond meal, lemon zest and icing sugar.  They puff up and crackle in the oven, giving them a distinctive appearance.

These cookies are slightly grainy in texture, but are utterly delicious - crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle.  I really enjoyed them and would make them again.

 To see what the other Dorie's cookie bakers made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the  TWD website.

5 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

These sound really good and I always seem to have semolina that needs using up in my fridge!

Pam said...

I just purchased a bag of semolina, had to order it from King Arthur since the stores here don't seem to carry it. Have to try the cookies. I love the texture of semolina bread, etc.

Mardi Michels said...

I really liked how these were not too sweet!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i agree-so good! and i love the way they look.

Alisa said...

these are definitely one to add to the repertoire!