Tuesday, November 13, 2018

TWD - Chocolate Cream Puffs with Marscapone Filling


This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe sprang from Dorie's idea for chocolate choux pastry and a little romance.  It is chocolate cream puffs with marscapone filling.

The choux buns are made with a little cocoa in the dough to make them chocolate flavoured.  The hardest part of choux buns for me is stopping them from deflating while they are cooling.  M top tip for avoiding this is to stick a thin skewer in the top of each bun immediately once it is out of the oven to release the steam inside (which can cause it to collapse).  For me, the recipe made 12 choux buns.

The filling is marscapone lightened up with whipped cream that has been kissed by rosewater and tinged pink.  (That is where the romance comes in.)  To make them pretty once assembled, icing sugar is dusted over the top of the buns.

I am a sucker for a choux bun, so I did like these.  However, I prefer a crème patisserie filling to the cream - that's just a personal preference.

To see what everyone else thought of what they baked this week (either these or a gateau basque), visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

7 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

These look delicious - and I still remember the first time I had creme patisserie when I was 18 and was so annoyed it wasn't cream in a eclair because I was not that sophisticated - you sounds far more sophisticated than me!

Mardi Michels said...

I love this version of profiteroles! So pretty!

Lorraine @Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh you don't often see chocolate choux! I wonder why, it seems like such a tasty idea :D

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i'm also a sucker for choux puffs. and these do look lovely and romantic! :)

Pam said...

That's great with chocolate! I bet they're delicious, leave it to Dorie for something unique and delicious. Thanks!

Diane Zwang said...

Yours look perfect, pink filling and all. Glad you were able to sample one before distribution.

Zosia said...

They look lovely, especially on your pretty plate. I love choux buns as well but my filling of choice is plain whipped cream.