Thursday, December 17, 2015

EwE - Filet Mignon with Zucchini and Parsley Caper Sauce


For Eating with Ellie this week, I chose Filet Mignon with Zucchini and Parsley Caper Sauce.

You can see form the photo that I didn't use filet mignon - too pricey.  Instead, I bought some lovely porterhouse steaks on sale and cut them into approximately the size of a filet mignon.  I otherwise followed the recipe, including for the caper sauce and the sautéed zucchini, which were a pleasant surprise.

I served this dish with last week's sweet and savoury carrot orange and date salad.  It was a lovely dish all round, and one that I would make again.  I especially liked the caper sauce.

To see what the others thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the EwE website.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

This was so good! Great pick and nice change from christmas snack type foods i have been eating! We loved it.

Kayte said...

Yes, filet is very pricey. Because the guys here can eat masses of food, I usually make the steaks, let it rest, then cut it into slices as they seem to go further that way and not break the bank. This was a good recipe, sauce was good but probably not a repeat for me. I loved the zuc cooked this way, yours looks particularly yummy!