Sunday, April 16, 2017

Bendigo Trip - Day 3 - Bath Lane Cafe and Finders Keepers



Happy Easter to all!

Our last day in Bendigo started off with breakfast at Bath Lane Café.  I ordered the berry pancakes with marscapone and berry coulis ($10):



As it was a public holiday, there wasn't much open in Bendigo.  We decided to walk around Bendigo and take in the sights.  I purchased a novel by Norman Lindsay at a second hand bookstore.  I only previously knew him for The Magic Pudding, so it was fun to discover that he has also written adult fiction. 

For lunch, we went back to Finders Keepers Café.  I ordered this gorgeous warm chicken salad with mango and avocado (~$12): 


It was sensational, and a great way to finish off our trip.

Then it was onto the bus (yep, the trains were still not running) to return to Melbourne.

13 Bath Lane
Bendigo VIC 3550

 
20 Mitchell St
Bendigo VIC 3550

3 comments:

Pam said...

Yum! It all looks great! Wish I were there!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

It's nice to be able to find somewhere good open on a public holiday! :D I'll be interested to hear what the Norman Lindsay book is like. I only knew him from the Magic Pudding too!

Cakelaw said...

Hi Lorraine, it was a book about adolescent boys and what they get up to, so it was entertaining although not PC at all.