Thursday, February 4, 2016

EwE - Wrap It Up - Carribean Chickpea Curry Wraps



Eating with Ellie is taking a different turn.  From now on, instead of choosing particular recipes, we are allocated a theme each week and can make whatever we want from Weeknight Wonders that matches the theme.  I have never participated in a group like this before, so I will see how it goes.

This week's theme was chosen by Kayte.  It is "Wrap It Up".  I took it quite literally, and chose Carribean Chickpea Curry Wraps.  These are comprised of a wholemeal tortilla wrapped around a hot and spicy curry of chickpeas and butternut squash.  

On the whole, I enjoyed this dish, but would tone down the spices a little next time.  I found it slightly too hot for my tastes, and added a dollop of yoghurt to my wrap to cool things down a little.

To see what the others made of this week's theme, visit the LYL section of the EwE website.

7 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

Sounds interesting to be shaking things up the group - and love the wraps - we are really into wraps lately so I could imagine having this

Peggy said...

Almost made that one myself. But it did look a little spicy for us! Sounds good though!

~~louise~~ said...

I once devoured all things hot and spicy, Gaye. Not anymore, although, I'm not quite sure why. I think Marion has influenced my taste buds, lol...

Toned down with yogurt I bet this wrap was so much better:)

Thanks for sharing, Gaye...

2paw said...

Yum, I think that looks so delicious. A theme is an interesting way to cook-a-long!!

TeaLady said...

This does look good. Love all the flavors here.

Kayte said...

Your wrap looks really good, thanks for the tip on decreasing the spices in it (and the dollop works well for that as well I am sure) as I am not one for very spicy things...I always order everything mild. I do like the looks of this one so I will try it for sure at some point.

Kayte said...

I left a comment on this post before but I'm visiting again as I had a chance to make this theme for posting and I made Asian Chicken Wrap from So Easy and loved it so thought I would let you know as I know you recently got the So Easy book. I am looking at your wrap again today and have the ingredients on hand and for some reason, spicy feels like a definite possibility today so I just might go for this one and hopefully have a place to post it at a later date. :-)