Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Tea Salon, Emporium, Melbourne


A few weeks ago, to celebrate the Russian New Year, I went with a couple of friends to The Tea Salon at Emporium in Melbourne. The Tea Salon is my idea of girly heaven - cakes, tea, floral crockery, pastels and pretty wallpaper.  What else could a girl want?


I ordered a pot of Rooibos Raspberry Vanilla tea ($5.95): 


I enjoyed this tea as I could drink it without milk, as the flavour was not overly strong.

For the scone component of our tea, both of my friends ordered the Lemon, Pistachio & Currant scone, served with jam and cream ($6.50):


When I saw how lovely their scones looked, I had scone envy - but only until I tasted mine.

I ordered the scone of the month, the Pina Colada Scone, with chunks of ginger and pineapple, and served with a pineapple, ginger and lime marmalade ($6.50): 


This scone was simply devine - I would love to have it again, especially the wonderful marmalade.

The scones are enormous - one is more than enough, especially if you had eaten before hand like we had, and the size and presentation of the scones means that they are worth the price.

If you are looking for a fun place for a girly tea party, you can't go past The Tea Salon.




The Tea Salon
Emporium Melbourne
Level 2, 295 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Ph: 03 8609 8188

9 comments:

Pam said...

Don't think I'll be traveling there, but it sounds like fun with all those good things! Your Pina Colada Scone is the perfect scone, I bet! I would've ordered that also.

Anonymous said...

I would so go have tea here. SO loving your photos as well :)

Kari said...

What a lovely place and gorgeous scones! It sounds like a fantastic afternoon.

Kayte said...

How fun is this with all that girly stuff (says the chick who has a house full of guys here and nothing pink at all...lol). Everything sounds just delightful. I wish I was there!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh I wonder if it is related to The tea Salon here! It looks lovely :) It does sound similar as they have a good range of scones.

Johanna GGG said...

I had a lovely morning tea there last year and the place really is all your girlie floral dreams and the scones lovely - I found the scone and marmalade combo a revelation - your marmalade sounds incredible

Gingi said...

This looks so fun!! And it reminds me, we have a new tea house that opened in my town, and I need to check it out! Thanks for sharing! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

Beth said...

Sounds like you had a lovely afternoon. I do hope I get to Melbourne someday!

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

What a lovely morning tea place, I would feel so fancy there :D

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru