Saturday, April 20, 2013

Incredibly Wonderful Chocolate Cake by Jill Dupleix


Do you ever hear the name of a dish and that alone determines that you must make it?  I do from time to time, and when I heard about a Jill Dupleix cake recipe called "Incredibly Wonderful Chocolate Cake", I knew that I had to make it.  How could I not make something that is incredibly wonderful?

This contains 250g of dark chocolate, contributing to the incredible wonderfulness of this cake - I used dark chocolate Easter eggs.  It is like a huge American brownie - it is crispy on the outside and soft and fudgy on the inside, is smooth on the tongue and melts in the mouth.  Look at the texture:


It really is an incredibly wonderful cake.

Let me leave you with my favourite feedback on this cake, from a work colleague:

"Your cake tasted like Jesus himself hand made it.  It was amazing."
 
If that doesn't convince you to make it, I don't know what else will.
 
Have a great weekend.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that recipe uses ground almonds. How delicious!

Johanna GGG said...

looks like my sort of cake. Actually it is very like one of my favourite chocolate cakes that came from Jill Dupleix and s a flourless chocolate one with 3 eggs, lots of chocolate and almonds - I almost wonder if she has reworked that recipe into a better one

Unknown said...

Nothing like an amazingly good chocolate cake,,nothing!!!
I can't believe it's been a year since you were in California..any big trips coming up this year?
Have a wonderful weekend;-)

Gloria Baker said...

look delicious!!

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

This chocolate cake looks absolutely heavenly :D

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

Kari said...

"Jesus himself made it"? I am in giggles over that. And like you, I'm drawn in my the title alone. Combined with the pictures and that quote - sold!

Finla said...

Looks so good, i see her soetimes when she comes over from Australli to UK and then she comes to cooking programmes. I always think her recipe is so easy to make and always come good.

Mary Hirsch said...

Now we DO have a hankering for huge American brownies in Colorado so this looks like it's more up my alley. Yum.

The Caked Crusader said...

Wow - Jesus cake! So I guess eating it would be a spiritual experience?

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe what a name and I'm glad to hear that it lived up to it! That is one good rap from your colleague! :D

Blond Duck said...

Sounds like a religious experience! Perfect for the church ladies!