Tuesday, February 13, 2024

TWD - Potato Flake Biscuits

 



This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe is Potato Flake biscuits. These biscuits are a savoury scone containing instant potato mash flakes, herbs, parmesan and paprika.


I am not usually a savoury scone fan, but these were very tasty. I made a half batch of dough, which produced three large biscuits.

I liked them just as they are with nothing on them. I also liked them as a vehicle for a breakfast sandwich with cheese, egg and spinach.

I would make these again.

To see what everyone else made and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

3 comments:

Kayte said...

Oh, those look so nice. I was thinking of making a half batch as well as 8 biscuits seemed like a lot for two responsible people to handle in just a couple of days, so I'm happy to hear you had good success with making a half batch and they turned out so well. They look good to me. I'll get them made for next time.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

such a nice shape, and I'm very on board with a biscuit breakfast sandwich!

Judy said...

A breakfast sandwich is a great idea! I made the full batch, but I put most of them in the freezer. When I wanted a biscuit, I just followed Dorie's instructions for baking. That way I could spread out the eating.