Wednesday, November 9, 2022

TWD - Cranberry Spice Squares

 


This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe is Cranberry Spice Squares. Except getting fresh or frozen cranberries is impossible here, so I used redcurrants that I froze from Christmas. Same same, don’t you think?

These squares are a squidgy, moist (yes, I said it) gingerbread studded with sharp tangy berries. Three sorts of flour are used to give the squares earthiness (I only used plain flour and wholemeal flour because I didn’t have rye flour.) They smell like Christmas when baking.

The squares are meant to be frosted with cream cheese icing but I didn’t have any cream cheese. They are fine without it.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.


5 comments:

Isthisakeeper said...

I always love hearing how people make due with what they can find where they live...great job and substitutions! I also think they would be fine with out the frosting...although they were pretty good with it as well :)

Mardi Michels said...

Ok, yeah you gotta try them with icing too! And yes, they are squidgy!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

good substitution- i bet red currants were nice with the spicing!

Gochev said...

Clinique esthetique Nice

Kayte said...

They look delicious (and not chocolatey) and I do love red currents so that all sounds like a big plus. I'm sure the frosting would be delicious, but I'm also sure our waistlines would be happy just as they are presented here. I'm eager to make these...saved them for closer to the holidays so Matt can be home to help eat them.