Tuesday, July 14, 2020

TWD - Tropical Tartlets



The more we can see the magic in one thing, a tiny flower, a mango, someone we love, then the more we are able to see the magic in everything and everyone. Joshua Kadison

This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Tropical Tartlets. These tartlets have a very summery flavoured filling of coconut and mango and rum. There is also a touch of chilli in the filling.


I happen to love mangoes, but they are few and far between in winter in Melbourne.  I couldn’t get tinned mango at my supermarket either. However, the last time I ventured to supermarkets further afield, I picked up some dried mango for a snack, and I had just enough left to make two tartlets using rehydrated dried mango.


These were rather toothsome tartlets. I loved the sweet mango filling and the crunchy coconut topping. It would be good to try making these again with fresh mango.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

10 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

Wow you are dedicated using dried mango! They look good!

Pam said...

Sounds great! Love all that coconut!

Diane Zwang said...

I like your quote. I am glad you were able to find dehydrated ones. These were delicious.

Cakelaw said...

Anything for Dorie!

Cakelaw said...

Thank you!

Cakelaw said...

Yes, a good recipe.

Zosia said...

What a great idea to use dried mango! They look delicious with all of that coconut on them!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, boy, these look delicious! Love the coconut topping, too!

Johanna GGG said...

I admire how you wholeheartedly embrace the northern hemisphere seasons often with creativity here in Melbourne - hope all is well and that these brought a little sunshien to your kitchen

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Johanna, all is well here, and hope all is well with you too. These tarts did bring a little bit of sunshine.