Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Embossed Marbled Fondant Covered Sugar Cookies


My workplace had a bake sale to raise funds for bushfire relief this week.  I wanted to contribute, so I baked a few things: 


One of my contributions was vanilla sugar cookies made according to the recipe from my Miss Biscuit  classes.  However, instead of covering the cookies with royal icing, I covered them with yellow and white marbled embossed fondant.

The marbling technique that I used is here.  First you make three sausages of fondant (yellow in the middle, two white either side), plait them together, fold and squash the fondant flat. Divide into three sausages again: 


plait them together:


squash the fondant flat:


Once you are happy with the amount of marbling, roll out the fondant, ready to use:  


The "Not All Heroes Wear Capes" embosser that I used to stamp the fondant comes from Custom Cookie Cutters, who for three days donated the proceeds of sale from these embossers to the Red Cross bushfire relief fund.

After stamping the fondant with the embosser, I cut out a round of fondant the same size as the cookie, brushed a little water on the surface of the cookie so that the fondant would adhere to the cookie, then carefully placed the embossed fondant round on top of each cookie.

I think these turned out rather well:




It was the first time I had marbled fondant, so I had fun trying a new technique.


All up, I made 45 cookies.  For the purposes of the bake sale, I packaged them in groups of two in clear cellophane bags.

The bake sale raised funds by way of a donation from attendees, and from all accounts did very well.

1 comment:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Well done for your fundraising efforts Cakelaw! These are very cute! :D