Thursday, March 30, 2017

EwE - Healthier Pecan Pie - Sweetypie

 
I chose this week's theme of Sweetypie for Eating with Ellie.  My interpretation of this theme was to make Ellie's Healthier Pecan Pie from Comfort Food Fix
 
 
Ellie makes the pie crust healthier by replacing some of the butter with low fat cream cheese, and by using a mixture of wholemeal and plain flour.


She makes the filling healthier by using mashed sweet potato to replace some of the sugary bits.

All in all, this pecan pie was delicious - I liked it just as much as an ordinary pecan pie.

To see what the others made this week, visit the LYL section of the Eating with Ellie website.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

It's so weird to see this pie. I just told my husband yesterday that I was craving a piece of good pecan pie. And you made one! If only we were neighbors I would be at your house snatching a piece. I messed up and made a cake. I miss ed the pie part. Was just thinking I was supposed to make a sweet. Duh. Sometimes the brain goes a different direction! Great looking pie and great theme!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Wow what a brilliant idea using sweet potato! I've got to give that a go as I love pecan pie but it really is very sweet.

Johanna GGG said...

This sounds like my sort of pie - I am not that familiar with pecan pie but think I would love this version

Kari said...

I love the idea of using sweet potato to lighten up pecan pie. This looks great!

Diane Zwang said...

Looks delicious and sounds like it was a winner.