Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WWDH - Lemon Chicken Pasta



For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, I have chosen Lemon Chicken Pasta from Donna's Off the Shelf.  The recipe is also online here.

The title of this recipe says it all - it comprises pasta with shredded chicken, lemon zest and lemon juice, with garlic, capers , chilli and basil thrown in, and parmesan on top.  I used spinach linguine as I had half a packet left over from some other project, and I didn't want to make as much pasta as the recipe suggested.

This was simple to make and good - I do think it could use more sauce though.

To see what Kayte, Margaret and Chaya thought of this recipe, check out their websites.

6 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I find some of these pasta dishes do lack a bit of sauce and sometimes the pasta sticks together! But it looks really tasty!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a light and delicious pasta.

Banbury Hills said...

This looks good....I often shy after from Donna Hay as they look tricky but this seems nice and simple.

Yum!

Anonymous said...

Yes, a little more sauce would have been perfect. But it was tasty. Nice pick!!

Kayte said...

Oh, I loved, loved, loved this one!! I had sauce left over in the bottom of the dish, so I thought it was fine, but then I liked the fact that it wasn't heavily laden with sauce, so that might be the difference in expectations. Great choice, I will make this one often, Gaye, thanks!

Chaya said...

This looks like a meal, we would really enjoy. I didn't get to cook. It is our week for Ina and I made something from her.