Thursday, March 3, 2016

EwE - Marvellous Meat - Pork Tenderloin with Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage and Dried Cherries - err, Cranberries



For Eating with Ellie this week, the theme, chosen by me, is Marvellous Meat.  The recipe that I chose from Weeknight Wonders was  Pork Tenderloin with Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage and Dried Cherries.  What attracted me to it was that it sounded like a dish you might get in a Hofbrauhaus - something German in origin with sauerkraut.

As you can see, the finished dish is - well, very red.  It doesn't look that appealing despite its rather cool name, but if you like sauerkraut, this is a very nice dish.

I couldn't find dried cherries so I used dried cranberries instead.  I also added whole wheat noodles to the mix instead of serving them as a side, as recommended by Ellie.

I would make this again, but I recommend adding some other veges on the side for some colour and shade, and for flavours other than just the sweet and sour.

To see what the others did for this week;s theme, visit the LYL section of the EwE website

2 comments:

TeaLady said...

Good job on this one. Some dishes just aren't photogenic. (I"m posting one with IHCC this week that is downright ugly!) Good on ya' for sticking with Weeknight Wonders!!!

Kayte said...

Your Pork Red Cabbage Cranberry dish looks great to me, I must like red food...I do love all those ingredients, so I'm thinking this should be a go...German food always a hit here with Mark's German heritage. :-)