Thursday, December 24, 2015

EwE - Coconut Date Truffles




For Eating with Ellie this week, Kayte chose Coconut Date Truffles from p290 of Weeknight Wonders.  These are like candy in a healthier form - dates, pistachios, cocoa and coconut made into little balls.

These truffles were really good - they were delicious even though I slightly burned the pistachios by not paying them enough attention while pan roasting them.

To see what the others thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the EwE website.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

It's Christmas Eve for you! We're still on the afternoon of the 23rd so I can rationalize that I'm not behind on my preparations, yet.

Those truffles look really good.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I always burn things because I walk away from them. The last thing I burnt (and I really burnt it) was wild rice!

Francis Kim said...

That looks fantastic. Merry Christmas!

Kayte said...

I finally got around to making these Coconut Date Truffles and posting them...trying to catch up as you know...and we really loved these little truffles. So good, and healthy for you! They will go into regular rotation here as they take no time at all and are delicious, a little ball completely satisfies the sweet tooth (but that doesn't mean you don't want another one, lol). Yours look really pretty and I am happy to hear that you really liked them. What a surprise recipe! :-)