Monday, December 21, 2015

Cherry sauce



It is summer here in Australia, and cherries are in abundance.  For my Christmas boxes, I decided to take advantage of the cheapness and abundance of cherries make cherry jam, using this recipe.  

Unfortunately for me, this jam did not want to set - I didn't have any jam setter, so after a while, I decided to call it a day and rebrand my cherry jam as cherry sauce.

It didn't matter in the end - the cherry sauce, as it had now become, was absolutely delicious, especially as I had laced it with a little kirsch to give it a special something.  

I ate this sauce from one of the leftover jars spooned over vanilla icecream - although it was also very good straight out of the jar.  All in all, there was a silver lining, and I have no complaints about the conversion of my jam into sauce. 

3 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

We are all about cherries too! We buy them every week and last week I made one to go with duck so it was a bit more savoury. Yours sounds very versatile and delicious! :D

Merryn said...

Turning this cherry almost jam into sauce is a brilliant idea and I bet it is very delicious too. Very appropriate for this time of year. I phone my mum for help when jam doesn't set but you improvised and conquered with this gorgeously coloured sauce. Well done and Happy Christmas to you and your family :D

Beth said...

Sounds delicious, no matter how it's served!