Saturday, September 19, 2015

WIAFK (CB) - Vegetable Couscous



Life is full of compromises.  Despite your best efforts, sometimes you just have to compromise to get anywhere at all.

And so it was for Weekend in a French Kitchen (CafĂ© Boulud) this week, where I compromised quite a bit to get the finished product due to a lack of time.  Our recipe was Vegetable Couscous.  the recipe required us to make harissa and vegetable broth from scratch before making the couscous.  I had been away for the weekend, so this was never going to happen.  I used harissa out of a jar and vegetable broth out of a tetrapak, but I was still happy with my jewelled couscous.

To see what the others thought of this dish, and to see if they made all of the components, visit the LYL section of the WIAFK website.

4 comments:

Kari said...

I think one of the big benefits of couscous is its easiness so I am on board with your approach to making this dish!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hey we all have those weekends where you just have to go into the pantry for help! :D Mine is this weekend!

Cindy said...

I love that you found some good shortcuts for this recipe and we're still happy with it. I ran out of time for making this one, but maybe I'll try your method :)

Kayte said...

Looks plenty good from where I am sitting...couscous is a favorite of mine, so nice and easy and you can change it up so many ways. I love the "jewels" in yours!