Monday, September 21, 2015

Dinner at 25 Toorak Road Restaurant



For my birthday, Tim took me to dinner at 25 Toorak Road Restaurant, South Yarra.  The atmosphere and food at 25 Toorak Road are inspired by a French Bistro.  It is truly lovely inside, with a black and white theme.

Our waiter was amused because he had spotted me taking a photo of the interior of the restaurant from the street.  He said he'd tried to pose.  And there I was thinking I had been very discreet.

For entrée, Tim ordered the beetroot salad with orange, goats cheese and candied walnuts ($21):

 
while I could not go past the scallops with cauliflower puree ($24):

 
Both dishes were superb.  I resisted the temptation to try the old fashioned prawn cocktail, which was ordered by two gents on the next table.  I also considered the escargot, but decided to leave that experience for another day.

For main, I figured while in France, go French, so I ordered the confit duck with lentils, cabbage and pancetta ($38):

 
This was a rich but delicious dish, with the duck having crispy skin and not at all oily, like duck can sometimes be.

Tim went for the eye fillet done medium rare ($41):

 
On the side, we ordered steamed greens ($10):

 

and fries ($10):

 
The fries were especially good.

Despite feeling quite satisfied already, we both had dessert stomachs, and ordered a dessert each.  Tim went for the apple and raspberry crumble with raspberry icecream ($14):


while I could not go past the lemon soufflé with lemon curd icecream ($15):



Look at all of that fluffy, lemony goodness:


My dessert was exquisite, and I know that Tim enjoyed his too.  These desserts were both very popular - at the table behind us, there were no less than four crumbles.

The wait staff were friendly and funny, and the service was also very efficient.

We had a wonderful night at 25 Toorak Road, and I'd definitely go there again.

25 Toorak Road
South Yarra VIC
Ph: 03 9821 4425 

3 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Sounds like you really did have a wonderful meal there which is fantastic! Hehe it's so funny when people pose for pics! :)

2paw said...

Happy birthday and that lemon soufflé looks fabulous.

Kayte said...

Oh your birthday dinner was so lovely...just beautiful, all of it, I would have eaten it all, okay, at least one bite of it all, and definitely all of that lemon dessert! Lemon is my favorite in anything. Tim's raspberry would be an excellent choice as well. Just such a beautiful setting as well. Happy Birthday was definitely a big deal here!