Friday, May 22, 2015

FFWD - Last recipe - Chicken in a Pot – the Garlic and Lemon Version


Well folks, it's been a wild ride, but here we are - the last one.  We are up to the very last recipe in Around My French Table - Chicken in a Pot - the Garlic and Lemon Version.  This is the cover recipe, so it is fitting that it is the last recipe that we make. The recipe has been posted online here.


You can see pretty easily from the photos what comprises Chicken in a Pot - roast chicken and vegetables with broth steamed in a pot in the oven, with a basic dough used to seal in the steam.  The vegetables are the classic combination of carrots, onions and celery, with sweet potatoes and whole garlic cloves thrown in for luck.  The broth is comprised of chicken stock, white wine and herbs.

The dish is served with bread on the side - for soaking up the broth, of course!!! 



There is nothing not to like here - who doesn't like roast chicken?  It was an easy to dish to make - not much chopping, and the chicken and vegetables being browned before going into the oven to give them some colour and flavour.

For the last time on our almost five year journey, go visit the LYL section of the FFWD website to see what the other Doristas thought of Dorie's Chicken in a Pot – the Garlic and Lemon Version.

However, don't despair - we are partying on for another four weeks to reminisce about the highlights of our Around My French Table odyssey.  Join us for the fun!

19 comments:

Cher Rockwell said...

I just can't believe that this is the last recipe - where did the time go?
Looking forward to Saturday :-)

Mardi Michels said...

Gaye! I totally would have come to NYC had I known in advance! I'll have to meet you in Oz sometime! Your chicken looks good - realising that I should have made this in a bigger pot so the liquid evaporated a bit more. SO SAD we're nearly done.... Have a great weekend!

Diane Balch said...

I didn't realize you were going to be in NY either. Have a great time. The weather looks lovely.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

You are having a mini Dorista gathering??? So envious!! Have a blast---and I hope to meet you one day, too :) xo

Unknown said...

Your chicken in a pot looks perfect Gaye! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Take care and enjoy the meet up!

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Gaye, your Chicken in a Pot looks utterly delicious - you did a marvelous job with this recipe! So sad to know that we have reached the end of this journey but there will be glorious posts in the future, I am sure and I will be visiting, for sure!
Have a great time in NY!!!
Andrea

Trevor Sis Boom said...

I wish I could just bop to NYC and visit as well. Oh well. So much fun to cook with you. I do hope we can meet as well one day. OK, I'm not going to indulge any sadness here because I have it on good authority we will all still remain cooking buds. :)

Karen @ From Scratch said...

This was a winner for us too - a nice way to end!

Betsy said...

It's hard to believe we've cooked all the recipes. What a journey it's been. I've enjoyed sharing it with you. Looking forward to meeting you on Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Your dish looks just perfect! I totally agree that this was a great last hurrah for recipes.

You're here? I hope you enjoy your trip and your date with Cher!

It's been wonderful to read your blog, and loved all of the photos you've shared as well. Just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the next 4 weeks, it will be so interesting to learn everyone's favorites:-)

KB from Prof Who Cooks said...

Looks great, Gaye! Glad you enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to our 4 weeks of partying on. ;)

tricia s. said...

It was so fun to see that you made it to the Big Apple. Sorry that Nana and I did not get to meet you this time but please let us know when you are back in the US. We have thoroughly enjoyed following your adventures on Facebook for this trip, just as we have enjoyed cooking along with you for this project. We knew it was coming but still hard to believe this was the last official recipe.....:)

Teresa said...

Thank goodness we have four more weeks of posts to go, or I would be breaking out the tissues already! It's been lovely cooking alongside you through this group! And if you're ever in Vancouver, let me know! :)

Kathy said...

The time really has gone by quite fast, and it has been an amazing journey!
It was terrific meeting you, Gaye! So glad we got the chance! Safe travels!
See you on TWD!
BTW…your chicken looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

It has been quite a ride, hasn't it? I'm ready to move on to the next challenge. I've enjoyed blogging with you on hop to continue!

yung@foodyoo.com said...

wow... I like this. Specially, it is fun to do it, seal the pot with dough. The chicken comes out juicy and flavorful with lot of spices and garlic. It's great to serve this during family gatherings. :)

Diane Zwang said...

"Partying on for another four weeks", I like that. I am sure going to miss this wonderful group. I look forward to our final 4. Have a great week.

Jora said...

You were so smart to serve this with bread. I really missed having it! It's so hard to believe this was the last recipe. I'm looking forward to the next 4 weeks!