Saturday, April 18, 2015

Plum Tart


Do you ever pick up a copy of the free supermarket magazines?  If you do, do you ever make anything from them?

I am a bit of a skeptic when it comes to supermarket magazines, because in some respects, they are one big ad for the products sold by the supermarkets.  However, every now and again, you get a gem of a recipe that  is worth making.

The March 2015 edition of Coles magazine featured such a gem in the form of a beautiful mixed plum tart featured on the front cover.  I was immediately drawn to the tart, and bought some plums especially to make that tart.  You can find the recipe online here.


I used Dorie Greenspan's sweet tart dough recipe for the base instead of the one stated in the recipe, because it is my go to tart dough and you don't have to roll it - it can be pressed straight into the pan.

For the plum component, I used all yellow plums, which happened to be on special that week at Coles.

This tart was very tasty - nutty, sweet and texturally interesting.

If you have some fresh plums on hand, do give this beautiful tart a go - it is well worth it.

5 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

I picked that up last week when I was home - and mum and I marked the tart as a "must make". Looks so good!

CQUEK said...

This recipe and flavour combination sounds delightful.

Kari said...

I have had some successes with supermarket recipes over the years, although do ignore their blatant advertising that requests you to buy their own brand ingredients ;) I really like the magazines so it's nice to hear other people find good recipes as well. This one looks great!

Johanna GGG said...

looks lovely - I feel the same way as you about supermarket magazines but I still love to look through them and got my favourite pancake recipe from one

leaf (the indolent cook) said...

I quite like browsing through supermarket magazines! Though I don't think I've actually tried any of the recipes in them yet.