Wednesday, December 3, 2014

WWDH - Roasted Carrot and Herb Dumpling Soup


For WWDH this week, Chaya chose Roasted Carrot and Herb Dumpling Soup, the recipe for which is available online here.

This soup is easy enough to make although it takes some time because you have to roast the carrots.  The colour is glorious, but the soup was just OK.  My favourite part was the herb dumplings - don't skip them, they are terrific.

To see what Chaya, Margaret and Sarah thought of this soup, visit their websites.

8 comments:

K / Pure & Complex said...

I wish I had this soup in my life right now. This looks amazing

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Gaye:)
I spent the evening peeling a whole bunch of carrots for steaming. I've only recently discovered how quickly they steam. After steaming, I've been hitting them with a bit of olive oil and a quick roast. I have a feeling making them into a soup with herb dumplings may just be what the doctor ordered.

Thanks for sharing, Gaye...

chaya said...

I had to giggle when I read your comment. We loved the soup but not the dumplings. What did I do wrong?

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh damn I was hoping that you were going to tell me that it was fantastic because I love the bright colour of it!

Johanna GGG said...

I think I would make the soup just for the dumplings and the colour too

TeaLady said...

Well, since I used regular flour my dumplings were light and airy. I did like them a lot. This was a good soup. Needed more cumin!!

Kari said...

This would be perfect for today's 3'C temperatures :) Yum!

Kayte said...

Roasted Carrot Soup sounds really good. Herb Dumplings sound good, sort of...but not if they are swimming about in wet stuff (which is generally how one has to swim). I don't know, something about a wet dumpling throws me off my game...that said, I think those could easily be fished out and accidentally dumped and that soup would be wonderful. It does look lovely. I know, I know, you are never eating anywhere in public with me ever...too risky...lol!