Wednesday, December 10, 2014

WWDH - Asian Chicken Omelette



Sarah has chosen Donna's Asian Chicken Omelette for Wednesday with Donna Hay this week.  The recipe is from Donna Hay Magazine, although you can find the ingredients online here.

I didn't bother putting the raw snow peas, bean sprouts or chilli on top, as I knew I wouldn't fancy them.  I added coriander to the omelette, and used hoisin sauce on top instead of kecap manis.  I still found it a little dry, so I added some chutney to the chicken.

This was a nice enough meal, in fact the kind of thing I'd normally eat for breakfast.  It would be nice with a salad.

To what Sarah, Margaret and Chaya thought of this dish, visit their websites.

5 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

Whoa, that's some breakfast meal, Gaye. I'd like it with the addition of coriander I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing, Gaye...

Kayte said...

That's a lot of ingredients for one omelette but it looks delicious! I don't know what kecap manis is so I need to do some googling about that ingredient. I'm sure it's not lurking in my cabinets or frig, lol! I will say, anytime anyone wants to break out the Hoisin Sauce, I'm all for it and first in line! Looks great.

2paw said...

I agree, it's a weekend breakfast. I would not like the coriander at all, but the chutney sounds delicious!!

TeaLady said...

I also found it a little dry. What a good idea to add the Hoisin sauce. I bet that really added some flavor.

chaya said...

This sounds great and I hope to make it. I goofed this week and made the wrong recipe. Such is life.