Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas and Gingerbread Men


Merry Christmas to everyone!  I hope that you have a fantastic day with family and friends.

As part of the December baking whirl, I made gingerbread men, pictured at the top of this post.  I used this recipe from Margaret Fulton.  To decorate, I used cinnamon chips for the eyes, chocolate chips for the buttons and a sliver of glace cherries for the mouth.  Simple, but oh so cute.

For everyone who asked about my icing the Dan Lepard caramel fruit cake, here it is:


Simple but effective.  And for those who were wondering what the inside is like, here is a peek inside (it also tastes scrumptious): 



I will be celebrating Christmas quietly with my family.  How will you be celebrating Christmas Day?

8 comments:

Pam said...

Your goodies look delicious! I will be celebrating with my family also. Merry Christmas!

~~louise~~ said...

Merry Christmas, Gaye!!! The Gingerbread Men are adorable, lol...And that cake, as promised, sliced just in time for Christmas. It really does look scrumpticious!

Chaya said...

Wow is all I can say. Merry Christmas.

Cakelaw said...

Merry Christmas Pam, Louise and Chaya.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

We have a series of family dinners and lunches. Two down and many more to go. Merry Christmas Cakelaw! :D

2paw said...

Gingerbread biscuits are very popular here!! I missed out on some Christmas cake this t=year. I just have to bake my own, I think. Merry Christmas.

Kari said...

Merry Christmas, belatedly! I hope you had a great day and your gingerbread men and cake look great.

Kayte said...

Oh my goodness that Gingerbread Men and Cake post is so scrumptious looking. I thought the cake was beautiful on the outside but the inside really is outstanding. You are such a great cake baker...I can't believe it is not your life's calling.