Friday, December 5, 2014

FFWD - Tartine de Viande des Grisons


This week's French Friday with Dorie features another "stuff on toast" (to borrow from Trevor) recipe.  The stuff is breasola or prosciutto (in my case, the latter), walnuts and oil on buttered grain bread. 

I added some mustard to spice things up a little.

This tartine was totally serviceable but just not very exciting.  Without the walnuts, it would have been downright boring.

To see what the other Doristas thought of this recipe, visit the LYL section of the website.

9 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

Ha! I went the prosciutto route as well ;)

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

I can't even pronounce this dish that well, but it looks fantastic :D

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

Adriana said...

I found coppa, the pork shoulder equivalent of the Viande des Grisons. The walnuts made the tartine for me.

Teresa said...

I thought about adding a bit of mustard to mine. It's amazing how the walnuts transformed this, though.

Betsy said...

I liked the combination. And adding mustard sounds even better!

Diane Zwang said...

Maybe I should skip this one? I did enjoy my make-up speculoos. They were a good cookie.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, yes! Mustard is a great addition!

Kathy said...


These were just perfect for the busy holiday season! Sounds like mustard would make a great addition.

Kayte said...

"Stuff on Toast" always sounds like a definitely interesting choice to me...and any time you can spice it up with a little mustard just makes it more appealing. It looks very good...I wouldn't say no for sure.