Saturday, June 21, 2014

Tea Towels from US Trip


This post is especially for Kayte, who wanted to see all the tea towels I picked up on my recent Route 66 trip.

Starting off is a towel featuring Route 66 motifs:


It is technically a scarf, but I am going to use it like a tea towel as a backdrop for photographs.  I picked this up in The National Cowboy Museum in Oklahoma.


Next is a yellow striped tea towel with pom poms on the fringe, and applique herb pots:

 
This cute tea towel is from Sur La Table at the Farmers Market in West Hollywood:
 

Also from Sur La Table at the Farmers Market, I picked up this grey patterned tea towel with gorgeous applique cupcakes and a double frill at the bottom:

 

 The details of this tea towel are amazing - crochet, beads, ribbon and a pom pom:
 

Finally, I bought a flour sack tea towel at the Five and Dime in Branson, MO:

 
I adore owls, and this tea towel was super cute:


I love picking up new tea towels as a backdrop for photographs, and I had fun choosing these.

6 comments:

Jill said...

All of those are really cute! You're a good shopper!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I should have bought more teatowels!

Johanna GGG said...

those are great - I love tea towels too - but America is not so good for touristy tea towels that we often buy - though there are just gorgeous patterns out there - and they are great to stuff into a corner of your suitcase and not weigh it down

The Caked Crusader said...

Lovely! I am always obsessed with bringing fridge magnets back on my travels!

Kayte said...

Oh thanks so much for posting these tea towels so I could see them!! They are so cute and fun. I loved seeing the ones you chose, you will have a good time with them all. I couldn't pick a favorite!

2paw said...

I love your tea towels, and they are just too nice to ever dry up with!!