Wednesday, April 23, 2014

WWDH - Potato, Rosemary and Goats Cheese Tarts


For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, Kayte has chosen Potato, Rosemary and Goat's Cheese Tarts from p158 of Modern Classics I. These are little puff pastry rectangles topped with slices of boiled potato, dollops of goats cheese and sprinkled with rosemary.

These tarts are simply but effective.  I think a sprinkle of some spices would really lift these, but they are fine as they are.

To see what Kayte, Margaret and Sarah thought of these tarts, visit their websites.

8 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

I don't know about this one, Cakelaw. The concept is intriguing but it seems to be missing a little something. Perhaps toasted goat cheese?

I love that it is easy to "throw" together though. I would defintely like at least one sample taste, lol...

Thanks for sharing...

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

It sounds interesting but I really like puff pastry a bit more golden so I think I'd cook it a bit more.

Johanna GGG said...

Sounds great - perhaps needs a side salad with a tasty vinaigrette - but love a few vegies on some puff pastry

Blond Duck said...

What about bruchetta on top?

Kayte said...

Thanks for making this recipe with me...I liked it, thought the flavors were good (I had a lot of rosemary on mine as I like rosemary a lot, lots of flavor) and I used a rosemary oil to drizzle on the top so that was nice as well. I would make this one again and also change it up in different ways, a nice base recipe to have on hand.

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

A little bit of greenery would be perfect with this :D

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

Kari said...

Simple and effective sounds right - it looks beautiful!

The Caked Crusader said...

I adore goats cheese so this really appeals. I think I'd add some caramelised onion - onion makes everything better!