Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WWDH - Spinach and ricotta cannelloni


This week's Wednesday with Donna Hay recipe was chosen by Kayte.  It is Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni from Modern Classics Book I, and can also be found online.

I have never made cannelloni before, so I found this to be an interesting recipe.  It ended up being fairly easy to make, as Donna stipulates the use of fresh lasagne sheets into which the spinach and cheese filling is rolled up before being topped with bottled tomato pasta sauce.

Here is a peek at the insides:


This cannelloni is very tasty but quite rich - I couldn't eat the entire serving of two pieces, so divided the cannelloni up into one and half piece lots.  I served my cannelloni with frozen veges dolloped with aubergine and chilli jam.

I would make this again - it was delicious.

To see what Kayte, Margaret and Chaya thought of this dish, visit their websites.

13 comments:

Finla said...

Wowo wish i had a huge portion look so yummy.

Cindy said...

I just checked out this recipe--it does look delicious. I would love it for dinner tonight--any leftovers??

Blond Duck said...

Man, I used to eat canneolli like jelly beans. I loved it!

TeaLady said...

This is the easiest cannelloni I have ever made. And delicious, too. Yes, it was rich, but....

Looks great.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

It's cold today and this is exactly what I want to eat for dinner tonight!! :D

Kari said...

This really is a classic dish, and yours looks great. I love the idea of topping it with chilli jam too!

Kayte said...

Your photo of it all is fabulous! Love that picture. Also love that you served it with all those veggies! I just put mine on a bed of shredded spinach...I'm going your route next time as that looks delicious!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

This makes a nice dinner. I did make a similar recipe, a long time ago and I am glad I could make this one, this time.

Caroline Taylor said...

I love spinach and ricotta cannelloni, great Friday night dinner.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that filling looks delicious! Yum!

Blond Duck said...

I love cannelloni. It's like Italian enchiladas!

Johanna GGG said...

certainly looks delicious - and canneloni with fresh pasta is so much easier than poking filling in a dried tube

Elaine said...

Mmmm...that looks yummy. I have that book, so will have to try this recipe because I know my family would enjoy it. It's so nice when you can save some for later or even freeze for another time.