Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WWDH - Free-form Ratatouille Tart



This week's Wednesday with Donna Hay is Free-form Ratatouille Tart chosen by Margaret.

This comprises a shortcrust pastry filled with roasted veges (garlic, onion, eggplant, capsicum and tomato).

I couldn't be bothered making pastry, so I used frozen pastry, and instead of making the whole tart, I made two minis.  I haven't tried them yet as I already had dinner before I made them.

To see what Margaret, Kayte and Chaya thought of this tart, visit their websites.

Update:  I finally tried these tarts and found the filling to be absolutely scrumptious - I guess I should have known with all of those fabulous roasted veges!

9 comments:

Joyti said...

OOo, that looks delicious!

Chaya said...

Minis are such a good idea. I found, I had too much filling for the tart and I did not use the amounts that were given. I used two of each in place of three.

Anonymous said...

What a cute way to serve ratatouille!

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

This sounds delicious and I love free-form anything!

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

Kayte said...

Oh, I love the idea of little minis for an individual serving...I will try that sometime. I have already made it twice (6" round size, half a recipe each time) since we love veggies and this was such a great combination of them. Margaret picked a repeat for sure! Your little one looks so adorable.

Margaret said...

Minis are always idea. Thought B would like. I was wrong. Whole one to my self. NOT a bad thing!!

Blond Duck said...

I think minis would be delicious! Plus I could eat three and not feel bad! :)

Johanna GGG said...

Sounds like a delicious way to serve ratatouille - was dinner already made because they took ages to make? (that happens to me sometimes)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I wonder if you could even make the tart shells out of bread if you didn't have the pastry in the freezer?