Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesdays with Donna Hay - Beef and Cashew Stir Fry


Hi to all.  It's "hump day", or as the Germans so elegantly and correctly put it, Mittwoch (mid-week).  That means that we have survived almost half a working week, and it is not too premature to be looking forward to the weekend (when I am seeing Roxette in concert - ya!).

It is also known as Wednesday with Donna Hay, when Kayte, Margaret, Chaya and I (yep, there's four of us now) all make the same Donna Hay recipe, direct from her website.

This week, I chose dinner, in the form of a beef and cashew stir fry.  You can find the recipe here. This dish was attarctive to me because stir fry is quick, easy and relatively healthy, and hence I make a lot of them (when I am not making something for French Fridays with Dorie).  I especially loved this stir fry because it contains cashew nuts and snow peas - they lift a stir fry from good to gorgeous.

I added hokkien noodles to my stir fry to make it an all in one dish.  I loved it - just my kind of dinner.

To see what Kayte, Margaret and Chaya thought, go visit them when their posts are up (I am half a day ahead of them).

8 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

That looks like a great "Mittwoch" dinner! Hehe it does sound better than Hump Day :P

yummychunklet said...

Looks delicious!

Lauren Hairston said...

Enjoy the concert! I like Roxette, too.

The Beef and Cashew Stir Fry looks fabulous.

Kayte said...

Looks great, I like the idea of this with noodles as well. We LOVED this recipe! Really great, the flavors, the ease of making it, and I am sure we will make this again soon. Great pick, Gaye!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

This is a fabulous choice. I made it with chicken rather than beef since we eat very little beef. The dish works with both and we deemed it a success.

I never saw the noodles you used or I never heard of them. I looked them up.

Your dish looks perfect for the cooler weather. It was just filling enough.

The Blonde Duck said...

I've been looking for a good stir fry!

Daisy@Nevertoosweet said...

Yum! This is a great recipe :) And I like the idea of you guys cooking Donna Hay's recipes every week ~ Her recipes are always so easy and delicious!

I love cashews and am a meat lover so perfect for me ~

Elaine said...

That looks like a perfect dinner for a busy work night when you don't feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen. I like the look of it with the noodles. I will have to look at for that kind.