Tuesday, March 26, 2024

TWD - Breakfast-In-Rome Lemon Cake


 This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Breakfast-In-Rome Lemon Cake. Dorie developed this recipe to produce a cake which mimicked a cake she ate daily as a treat in Rome.


The cake is a lemon sponge made with oil instead of butter. Dorie’s beloved version was completely plain, but she suggests adding berries in summer. I added blackberries to my cake.


Dorie suggests that this cake be served with just a dusting of icing sugar. However, as it is nearly Easter, I adorned my cake with a lemon glaze and mini Easter eggs.

To see what everyone else made this month and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.



5 comments:

Lovie Bernardi said...

Glazing is a great idea!

Kayte said...

Your commenting thing here on your blog is different and I'm not sure it's coming through. Your cake is so fun, I love the idea of decorating it up for Easter. This was such a great cake, we loved it and I'm already thinking about making it again. It's fun that you loved it and had such a great time decorating it.

Diane Zwang said...

Mini Easter eggs gives it a festive feel. Hope all enjoyed.

Anonymous said...

The lemon cake adapted for Easter, how festive and good looking. Looks like you had fun decorating!

Shirley @ Everopensauce said...

The last anonymous comment is from Shirley.