Tuesday, July 26, 2022

TWD - S’mores Icecream Cake


This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is S’mores Icecream Cake.

The original was an enormous 9” cake containing a lot of icecream and chocolate. I quartered the recipe and ended up with 2 x 10cm heart shaped cakes.
 


The cake starts with a biscuit and peanut base, topped with icecream, then fudge sauce, then more icecream, then a peanut butter/marshmallow fluff filling, then yet more icecream and finally more fudge sauce. After freezing the cake for 6 hours, it is topped with mini marshmallows that are then torched, and put into the freezer again.

You end up with a cake that is a rather rich, decadent treat:


I used all vanilla icecream rather than 3 separate flavours as suggested by Dorie. Marshmallow fluff is not easy to come by here and I’d be unlikely to use it again, so I made a homemade version using melted marshmallows and corn syrup. 

While I do enjoy this icecream cake, it is quite a process to make and rather decadent, so once what I have is gone, I won’t make it again.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

4 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

Your minis are perfect! And no, I wouldn't make this again either unless specifically requested!

Anonymous said...

I always love your ingenuity to get the ingredients you need..and not waste! Glad you enjoyed at least what you did make!

Anonymous said...

Yes, as delicious as it is, it is a lot!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I used to but exactly what the recipe said but ended up with too many leftovers - so no more!