Monday, June 28, 2021

Banana, Pineapple and Coconut Bread


 Recently, Mardi posted a recipe for Banana, Pineapple and Coconut Bread on Instagram. I was intrigued by the combination of banana and pineapple, and the fact that this cake is made with buckwheat and coconut flours.

For reasons that I could no longer remember, I had both buckwheat and coconut flours in my pantry, so all I needed to buy was pineapple. Instead of using tinned crushed pineapple, I cut fresh pineapple and crushed it in the food processor.

This banana “bread” is rather delicious, with a slightly grassy nutty flavour from the buckwheat. The fruit makes the cake moist.  

For those with dietary constraints, this bread is gluten free, and the only sugar is in the fruit. 

I really enjoyed this change from the run of the mill banana bread, and it is very easy to make. Give it a go!



4 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

Thank you for sharing! I am so glad you enjoyed it :)

Cakelaw said...

Thank you for posting the recipe! It’s a goodie.

Johanna GGG said...

That sounds really nice - great tropical combination to bring a little Queensland to wintery Melbourne! Hope your family are well up north!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

That looks really interesting! I have a big collection of random flours like those that need using up. I bought them for a recipe and intended to use it but then didn't!