Tuesday, May 19, 2020

TWD - Cocktail Puffs



This week’s TWD recipe is Cocktail Puffs. Doristas who made these last fortnight said the dough was fussy and the biscuits were teeny tiny - and I agree on both counts.

When the dough goes for its first chill, as Dorie says, it’s more like frosting than dough. Even after the first chill, the dough is very sticky. All up, this dough sits in the freezer for 3 hours.

The biscuits are filled with a thin layer of savoury spread - I used mustard pickles. They are folded over and cut into one inch pieces - absolutely tiny. I made 11 biscuits from one quarter of the recipe.

The end product tastes fine, but not worth the time and effort to get there.

To see what everyone else made this week, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

5 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

I hate fussing around with pastry so I think I would really prefer to eat these if someone else made them

Cakelaw said...

Hi Johanna, as someone else said, you could sub in puff pastry for a similar treat.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i still can't get over how small they were! weirdly tiny!

Diane Zwang said...

Mustard pickles sound interesting. Everyone's comments on this one has made me stay away and I am glad I did. I don't think I can handle extra fussy these days.

Mardi Michels said...

This was honestly the oddest recipe - such small ROI for so much work!