Tuesday, September 17, 2019

TWD - Sweet or Savoury Cream Cheese- Honey-Nut Wafers


This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Sweet or Savoury Cream Cheese-Honey Nut Wafers. These biscuits comprise a cream cheese dough base, topped with either jam or blue cheese (depending on whether they are sweet or savoury), then topped again with a delicious walnut-honey mixture.

I made the sweet version and used up some quince and ginger jam on four of myy biscuits. For the rest, I straddled sweet and savoury by using fig and port chutney.  Both versions were delicious - I could not really tell which were which. 

To see what the other Dorie bakers made this week, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.


6 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

I went a bit out of left field here and did dried fruit and pumpkin seeds. Def do not look as good as yours and not sure I'd choose this recipe for my fave savoury cracker in the book but an interesting recipe. Yours are perfect!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

oh, both sound great. i love quince and look forward to using it this autumn.

Diane Zwang said...

Sounds like these cookies could handle any ingredients. It is fun to play around. All of your jams sound yummy.

Johanna GGG said...

I like the idea of making half sweet and half savoury in a batch - am sure I would love these either way

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

What yummy toppings for your wafers! They'd definitely be fun appetizers and the options are endless!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

These sound so interesting and look nothing like what I thought they'd look like from the title!