Thursday, October 10, 2013

Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars



Good morning to all!  This is a short and sweet Thursday treatie post for those who love cheesecake but hate the calories associated with it.  I found a new blog, Sally's Baking Addiction, through a Google search for yoghurt frosting, and found a treasure trove of delights.

I was particularly captivated by her "skinny" recipe for Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars, which you can find here.  After finding this, all thoughts of yoghurt frosting were abandoned in favour of these light, yet creamy and delicious cheesecake bars, for which I happened to have all of the ingredients.  Light cream cheese, Greek yoghurt, egg whites and a swirl of jam of your choice make for one tasty but guilt-free cheesecake hit!

I used strawberry jam instead of raspberry jam, as that is what I had on hand, but otherwise followed the recipe.  I warmed and strained my jam before piping it on in straight lines using a paper piping bag, then runing a skewer through the jam to get the "swirl".

These bars are so good that you would never guess they are not made using their full fat recipe cousin.

If you are a cheesecake fan - go make these!

10 comments:

Jill said...

These are going on my must-try list!

Blond Duck said...

I'll make them for my sister!

Johanna GGG said...

they look lovely but I never quite understand weight loss and baking with egg whites - what do you do with the yolks - are they ok in other stuff (or maybe I just don't understand eggs) - cute swirls too

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I've got so much Greek yogurt I really must give these a go because I don't see us getting through the tub before the month's end! :P

Finla said...

Looks beautiful and delicious, i love the design on them.

Kari said...

Glad you've found a new treasure trove of recipes! These certainly look pretty and equal in appearance to full fat varieties so I'd say you've found a winning recipe :)

Cindy said...

These are so cute!

Cakelaw said...

Do try them Jill - they are delish.

Cakelaw said...

You can use the yolks in pastry, cream patisserie etc - I had a stash of whites in the freezer from pastry making.

Kayte said...

Oh, those swirly cheesecake bars look fabulous and lower in all the calorie stuff with still the great taste just makes this one impossible not to mark to try...anything strawberry or raspberry gets my vote!