Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Vanilla Omelette Thai Restaurant, Malvern


Sometimes, unexpected gems open up right under your nose.  There has been a bit of movement in the shops and restaurants in my suburb lately, and one of the best finds that I made is Vanilla Omelette, an unlikely-monikered Thai restaurant in Malvern.

Vanilla Omelette is tucked in near to Malvern train station, just before you hit Glenferrie Road.  For this reason, it is out of sight of the main traffic in Glenferrie Road, but it is definitely a treasure worth turning off for.  Tim and I decided to try Vanilla Omelette for Sunday lunch, just on spec, and we were not sorry.  The restaurant is kitted out in dark furniture, but remains light and airy, and provided a welcome reprieve from the wet, cold weather outside.

For entree, we ordered the veggie spring rolls ($6.90 for 4):

These crispy rolls came with a sweet chilli dipping sauce.

For mains, Tim ordered the Thai green curry with beef ($14.90):




while I ordered a chicken cashew nut stir fry (also  $14.90):



Both meals were atractively plated with steamed rice, and tasted as fresh an delicious as they look. 

Vanilla Omelette offers a full range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to enjoy with your meal.  The service was friendly and efficient, and if you are minded to do so, there are news papers and magazines to read while you are waiting.

Vanilla Omelette is a terrific new Thai restaurant in my local area, and I hope that it does well so that I can continue to enjoy eating there.

Vanilla Omelette
11 Station Road
Malvern VIC 3144
Ph: (03) 9943 8571

5 comments:

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

The name is so cute my friend and the food looks fantastic :D

Cheers
CCU

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Wow that is one memorable name! You'd never forget that :)

Kayte said...

How fun...always love your restaurant reviews. I googled your town and got to see photos, and the train station...that was really fun. Nice post!

Blond Duck said...

I'm starting to love Thai food.

Angie's Recipes said...

An interesting name for a Thai restaurant.
I love those crisp rolls.