Tuesday, January 22, 2019

TWD - Chocolate Coconut Tart


This week's Tuesday with Dorie (BCM) recipe is Chocolate Coconut Tart.  This recipe was inspired by Dorie's liking for the Mounds bar, which I understand to be like an Australian Bounty Bar - coconut enrobed in chocolate. 


This tart was not hard to make, but was time consuming because of all of the elements involved - a fully baked and cooled tart shell, a cooled coconut cream filling, and a chocolate ganache topping.

My tart shell got a little too dark in one spot, which means that I probably put it too close to the oven flame.  However, in my view, this did not detract from the overall deliciousness of the tart. 


Apart from the fact that the components are contained in a tart shell, the key difference between a Bounty Bar and this tart is that the filling has both toasted and untoasted coconut in it, and the filling is creamier than the chocolate bar.  Dorie described the ganache on top as velvety, and it did not disappoint.  Overall, I loved this tart.

To see what everyone lese made this week and what the thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

8 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

We loved this one too. I thought the chocolate topping was the best.

Mardi Michels said...

This is SO good. I could eat the ganache on its own LOL!

Pam said...

Never have heard of a Bounty Bar, but this tart is awesome. Most recipes of Dorie's are! 😊

steph- whisk/spoon said...

oh yeah, this was so yummy!

Zosia said...

I loved this one too. I'll never view a Bounty bar the same way again.

Johanna GGG said...

I love chocolate and coconut though I don't eat bounty bars that often (which is odd as I always enjoy them) - this sounds delicious

Cakelaw said...

I like Bounty but ditto don’t eat them often because I try to be “good”. That said, I eat other kinds of chocolate all the time.

Isthisakeeper said...

My family loved this one too!