Thursday, May 11, 2017

EwE - Apple and Spinach Stuffed Pork Chops with Mustard Wine Sauce - Mother's Favourite

 
This week's Eating with Ellie theme is Mother's Favourite, chosen by Kayte.  It coincides with Mother's Day this Sunday.
 
My mother likes very plain food, and I strongly suspect that many of Ellie's recipes would not appeal to her.  I therefore took the liberty of choosing what I would like for my favourite instead.
 
The recipe that I selected is Apple and Spinach Stuffed Pork Chops with Mustard Wine Sauce from Comfort Food Fix.  As the title of the dish suggests, pork chops are stuffed with apple, spinach - and sauerkraut!  The hardest part was cutting the pocket in the chops, and on the last one, I managed to cut my finger.
 
This dish was very hearty and good to eat.  I would make it again.
 
To see what the others made for this week's theme, visit the LYL section of the Eating with Ellie website. 
 
 

2 comments:

Kari said...

What an interesting mix of flavours - definitely not one for someone who wants plain food! I think I'd like to try the flavour mix on a veggie dish.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I was just thinking that I've never stuffed a pork chop before. It does sound potentially injurious but delicious a combo.