Tuesday, January 24, 2017

TWD - Honey-Yogurt Mousse


The second Tuesday with Dorie Baking Chez Moi recipe for this month is Honey-Yogurt Mousse.  This is a dessert, made by whipping cream and combining it with labne (strained yoghurt) and honey.  It is simple to make but takes time because you need to strain the yoghurt, then you need time for the mousse to set.


This mousse is very sweet - slightly too sweet for me.  The berries on top really help to cut through the sweetness.  I would make this again, but would cut down on the honey.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought about it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

11 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love honey too but not too much of it. It can be stronger than sugar in its intensity I find.

Johanna GGG said...

honey always surprises me at how sweet it is - the mousse sounds interesting but I can't be bothered waiting around for yoghurt to strain

Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) said...

Interesting, I didn't find this too sweet at all but I guess it all depends on the honey you use? Yours looks a lot firmer than mine (mine was softly firm) - might be the labneh? I used Greek yoghurt that I didn't need to strain. Loved this concept, actually!

Zosia said...

It looks lovely with the fruit and it's such a delicious way to cut the sweetness.

Summer said...

Looks delicious with the berries on top. I put salted peanuts on mine to play off the sweetness.

Teresa said...

This mousse is really good with tart fruit. I didn't find mine too sweet, but it seems a lot of people did. I like the set you got on yours.

Diane Zwang said...

My husband thought it was too sweet also. The berries did help balance it.

Pam said...

It looks delicious but I'm sure I'd be with you on the sweetness. Easy does it for me.

Kari said...

I love mousse-y things and am interested in how this is made. It sounds a bit time consuming but the final result looks very impressive!

Cakelaw said...

Hi Kari, can send you the recipe if interested. The recipe as written contains gelatine, but Mardi skipped it and just got a softer set. You could also try agar agar.

Kayte said...

Yes, please. And I'll have seconds as well. :-)