Thursday, January 19, 2017

EwE - Aromatic Beef Stew with Butternut Squash - It's Cold Outside, Let's Warm It Up


Okay, campers, rise and shine and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cold out there today!
DJ, Groundhog Day

This week, Kayte's chosen theme for Eating with Ellie is It's Cold Outside, Let's Warm It Up.  I live in the opposite hemisphere to Kayte, so it's actually quite warm (and on some days, it's downright hot) outside.  However, as I love cold weather food (though not the cold weather), I was happy to make  something that I would like to make in the winter this week.

I chose Ellie's Aromatic Beef Stew with Butternut Squash  from So Easy. I adore stew on a cold winter's day, and this is a good one - beef, chilli, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, onion, butternut pumpkin.  I left the parsley off the top because all of my homegrown parsley has either withered in the heat or gone to seed, leaving me with nothing to work with.  The stew sits atop a bed of wholemeal couscous.

This is a terrific meal - the smell while it is cooking is amazing, and it is just the ticket to warm you up n the inside.

To see what the others made this week, visit the LYL section of the EwE website.

4 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe for a second I thought Melbourne might have had a freezing cold snap when I saw the title. Today is a bit cooler here-perfect weather for this!

GiGi Eats Celebrities said...

Beef + Butternut Squash = SUCH A GREAT COMBO! Butternut Squash is just SO SO SO good! :D

Kayte said...

Hmmm...I posted a comment on this last week but it must not have taken as I don't see it here. First of all, I love Groundhog Day, it is one of our favorite movies, we laugh and laugh every time we see it. And, goodness does your stew look wonderful. It is stew season here so I need to go look at our themes and see if I can fit this one in real soon. Such pretty colors on it all.

TeaLady said...

I remember this one and it was great. Lots of nice spice and flavor.