Thursday, August 25, 2016

EwE - Fish with Almond Topping, Saffron Rice and Lemon Broccolini - One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish



For this week's Eating with Ellie, Margaret chose One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish as our theme, harking back to the title of a well-known Dr Seuss classic book. 

I chose to make Fish with Almond Topping, Saffron Rice and Lemon Broccolini from So Easy.  I cannot begin to adequately describe how scrumptious this meal was.  It took a little bit of fussing around with three dishes to make, and a food processor involved to make the almond topping, but in the end, it was worth it.  The nutty topping on the fish, glued on solely by moisture, was a simple but very tasty way to jazz up plain old white fish.  The fish is then baked, making the cooking process fat free.  The rice is cooked in chicken stock and saffron, and I used brown rice to up the nutrient factor.  The broccolini is steamed and then drizzled with a mixture of  lemon juice and oil.  Together, these three components make magic.

To see what everyone else made for Ellie this week, visit the LYL section of the EwE website.

4 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Wow you really loved this! I don't think I'd necessarily make this recipe if I were flipping through the cookbook but you've made me think twice.

Peggy said...

That looks so delicious! We are traveling this week so no cooking for me.

TeaLady said...

Glad you liked this one I looked at it but didn't have the right fish to fix it. Looks tasty.

Kayte said...

Oh, I just checked my So Easy book and I have not made this one...and I NEED to as it looks fantastic. We need to pick more fish themes...you know "Fishy Fishy on a Hook, Daddy caught him in the Brook..." or however that goes...that should be a theme soon. lol I just posted mine today, sorry, I'm hoping it's better late than never. Your choice looks fabulous. I want to eat at your house. :-)