Monday, December 1, 2014

Pear Streusel Coffee Cake


Recently, I saw the most wonderful looking Pear Streusel Coffee Cake on Liz's website.  I fell in love with it instantly and printed off the recipe.

Shortly thereafter, I decided to make it, as I happened to have some tinned pears in the cupboard and was looking for something to make with them. Liz's spicy cake seemed perfect!


And the end result was perfect, even though my streusel seemed to run into the centre of the cake while baking - hence the odd pattern.  I swear that it was distributed evenly over the top of the cake before baking, so I am not sure why mine doesn't look at all like Liz's.  (A friend of Liz suggested online that it was because Liz applied her streusel in a mathematical pattern with tweezers!)


I replaced the pecans with cashews simply because that is what I had, but otherwise left the recipe alone.

The resulting cake is very moist and pleasantly spiced.  It was a big hit at work, and it is definitely a keeper.  Thanks to Liz for sharing the recipe.

4 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

That looks splendid! And hehe applying streusel with tweezers! I've never even thought to do that :P

Johanna GGG said...

Your cake looks really interesting - I quite like the look of the struesel

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, I'm SO glad you enjoyed this. My friends went nuts for it, too. LOL, I promise that no tweezers were used in applying my streusel :)

Kayte said...

Pear Streusel Coffee Cake looks and sounds delicious...and that whole applying the nuts with tweezers thing made me laugh, but I think you might be right!