Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting

 
Today is Thanksgiving in the US, so to celebrate with my US readers, I have made Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting.

The pumpkin bread recipe is here.  Instead of pumpkin pie spice, which is not sold readily in Australia, I used a teaspoon of ginger and a quarter teaspoon of cloves.  Also, canned pumpkin is hard to get and very expensive here, so I made my own pumpkin puree.

Instead of using the caramel flavoured buttercream from the pumpkin bread recipe, I made cream cheese frosting using this recipe.

The end result was a lovely, moist, lightly spiced cake that smelled like magic while it was baking:




I adore pumpkin baked goods, and I would definitely make this again.

Happy Thanksgiving to my US readers!

5 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe this week I was all about pumpkin and cream cheese too! I am loving the amount of pumpkin recipes around at the moment :D

margaret said...

I have a friend who's just made 32 loaves of pumpkin-bourbon bread for holiday gifts. I've been seeing his pictures on facebook for a couple of days and I'm dying to make a loaf. It also had a bourbon glaze on top, but the cream cheese frosting sounds crazy good.

Kari said...

Yum! This looks like a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving without the actual day.

Kayte said...

Oh, that pumpkin bread looks delicious. You know what? I FORGOT to make it this year. I make it every year, and for some odd reason I completely forgot this year. Oh, well, I can make it for Christmas! :-)

2paw said...

I am turning into a bit of a pumpkin bread/loaf fan. I believe some shops are selling pumpkin spice now, but I think it is easier to make your won. I like lemon cheese icing the best!!!