Sunday, November 23, 2014

From Paris to Provence - Como House, South Yarra


Yesterday, I went with Vanda, Sandra and Lee to Paris to Provence, a French Festival held in the grounds of Como House, South Yarra.

We went early so that we had an easy time moving about early on:


Believe me, this was packed within a couple of hours. 

There were craft and homewares stalls, and then my favourite - loads and loads of food.

There were crepes:

 
and macarons and pastries:


and small goods:


and cheese:

and pate:

 
and alcohol:


Here are some industrious workers making crepes (I bought one with salted caramel and sea salt - yum):

There were also colourful characters roaming the grounds, including this guy (pictured with Sandra and Lee's Yorkie, Zelda), who rode a unicycle:


And these courtesans from Versailles (who were very funny and adored Zelda):


and a Poirot clown on stilts:


In addition to my crepe, I bought this crème brulee from the Choukette stand:

 
and (L to R from top L): date, walnut and apricot loaf from Brasserie Bread, a fennel infused salami from Salumi, coffee caramel from Caramelicious, an almond croissant for Tim from one of the onsite coffee stands,  mustard and black balsamic cream from Steph's Gourmet Foods, and a from Bean to Bar 70% dark chocolate bar from Monsieur Truffe:

 
We also picked up a free cheese show bag from President Cheese, featuring camembert, brie, muscatels, lavosh crackers and a slice of date and pistachio roulade:


All in all, it was a fun and fabulous day.

4 comments:

Kayte said...

Oh, I just love it when you go to things like this and share it all with us. So much fun to see...what a variety of stands with things for sale. Love the Yorkie...such a cutie. That creme brulee was big enough to share!! YUM. I would have eaten the whole thing myself. Really looks like so much fun and love the photos of the things you got. I wish I lived closer so I could do these things with you as well!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

What a fun day out! Good idea going early too to avoid the crowds! :D

The Caked Crusader said...

Oh, that creme brulee looks amazing!

TeaLady said...

Oh, this looks like it was lots of fun!!