Wednesday, July 23, 2014

WWDH - Yorkshire Puddings


For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, I chose something that has long been on my list to make - Yorkshire puddings.  This recipe comes from p120 of Modern Classics I.

 I had read that the requirements for successful Yorkshire puddings are a hot oven and hot oil (or in this case, lard).  Accordingly, I made sure of both before adding the batter to the muffin trays.

I think my Yorkshire puddings turned out pretty well - they were golden and puffy.  I served mine with a steak and gravy:


To see what Kayte, Margaret, Chaya and Sarah thought of this recipe, visit their websites.

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Something that I would love to give a try.
Looks good.
Blessings, Catherine

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Your yorkies look fantastic! I love these little puds and am always so chuffed when they rise up from just batter :D

~~louise~~ said...

I've never made Yorshire Pudding but it has been on my "someday" list for quite a while now. I think it intimidates like soufflé. I really should give it a try. Yours came out quite nice Gaye. Thanks for sharing...

Kari said...

I've never made Yorkshire puddings but yours look very authentic!

Chaya said...

I am about to try to make these. I can't use lard and I hope oil is going to work. With the gravy, yours looks delicious.

TeaLady said...

I am so glad you picked this one. I have been wanting to make some for AGES!!! And they were so easy.

Unknown said...

I've never had Yorkshire Pudding before, but I Made these tonight for some friends and they were a huge hit. They were so delicious! And super simple.

Best Food Process Guide

Johanna GGG said...

I've only tried them once and found them surprisingly eggy so I want to try a vegan version and see how it compares - the idea of them always seems so warming and hardworking yorkshire families around the table - probably after a hard day at the mines

Kayte said...

Oh my goodness those Yorkshire puddings look fabulous! Just perfect how you served them. I love your muffin tin...it is so beautiful with the age and wear on it...so comforting and homey!